Tart, mildly sweet and refreshing, this salad is packed with nutrition and fills you up nicely. Whether using freshly cooked chicken breast, or leftovers from your weekend Sunday roast, this salad is equally enjoyable. Add in any leftover bell peppers you may have for added crunch!
Chicken with Quinoa, Spinach and Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa Washed
- 1 Roasted Chicken Breast Sliced
- 60 Grams Baby Spinach Washed
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper To taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. The usual ratio of water to quinoa is 2:1. Season the water lightly with salt and pepper.
Mix balsamic dressing ingredients until well combined.
Once quinoa is done, fluff up with fork, and set aside to cool. If using immediately, mix with spinach, chicken, and dressing.
Transfer to serving plate.
- Adding hot quinoa to the spinach leaves will cause them to partially wilt. Let quinoa cool if fresher crunchier leaves are desired.
- For cooking 1/2 cup of quinoa, some more water might be needed. Add a few tablespoons as necessary towards the end to prevent sticking to the pot and burning.
In Part 6 tomorrow, I’ll be sharing a Japanese-inspired rice bowl – Garlic Honey Soy Wings with Egg on Rice!
Like this delicious recipe? Leave a comment and subscribe to my mailing list!