Another great party-style food for sharing. This low carb option allows you to have your pork and eat it too! Have some leftover pulled pork? Check. Leftover coriander? Check. Leftover cauliflower rice?? Triple check!! Get some lettuce, make a Thai-style sweet and sour dressing and you are good to go!
Psst! Don’t tell your friends that you are clearing your fridge (or tell them anyway and show them how awesomely innovative you are). And really, if you are missing limes and fish sauce to make the dressing, just use Thai chilli sauce or hot sauce with a squeeze of honey (I won’t tell!).
Pulled Pork and Cauliflower Rice in Lettuce Wraps
A healthy and low carb way to have your pulled pork and eat it too!
- 400 grams orange pulled pork refer to Orange Pulled Pork Recipe
- 2 cups cauliflower rice refer to Pulled Pork on Cauliflower Rice and Rice Recipe for recipe
- 1 head butterhead lettuce washed and leaves separated
- 3 large handfuls fresh mint leaves washed and drained
- 3 large handfuls fresh coriander washed, roots removed
- 2 sprigs spring onions washed and sliced on a bias
- 1 large red chilli sliced on bias
- 3 large limes zested and halved
Thai Style Dressing
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp water
To make the dressing, combine dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp of lime juice squeezed from limes, 1 tsp lime zest, 4-6 slices of chilli and 1 tsp chopped coriander (stems and leaves).
Mix until well combined, taste and adjust flavor to preference. More sweet/sour/spicy/salty.
Place washed and separated lettuce leaves, herbs, chilli and limes into a serving dish.
Reheat Pulled Pork and Cauliflower Rice.
Place them into serving dishes, and serve with Lettuce, Herbs, and Dressing.
To make a lettuce wrap, line the bottom of a lettuce leaf with the cauliflower rice, followed by pulled pork, and hand torn herbs of your choice. Spoon a little dressing over, and enjoy!
- Cooking time indicated in recipe is assuming cauliflower rice and orange pulled pork are already made.*
- Fresh herbs and vegetables are the best way to enjoy this. Be generous with them!
Like my recipes? Let me know by subscribing and leaving a comment!